Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NaBloPoMo


This month is one of creativity.
It is NaNoWriMo...National Novel Writing Month. It is NaBloPoMo...National Blog Posting Month. It is also AEDM...Art Every Day Month.
Lots of cool stuff going on.
In fact, just yesterday I was the guest speaker at a global teleseminar on creativity. So it is definitely in the air...all over the world.
I am participating in both NaBloPoMo and AEDM.
With the blog every day challenge, you are to do a blog post every day. Well, while I thought that was pretty cool, I decided to add a bit of a challenge to it. Sure, it is simply delightful to hear my own opinions (!) but what if I got to taste a bit of 30 other people's lives this month? How cool would that be?
So I decided to put this caveat to the challenge...each day find a new blog and leave a comment. I leave my name and my URL in case they would also like to reach out.
Tonight when I was visiting today's discovery, I decided that I would share the blog that I discovered each day and what it meant to me.
Today I found Farm Chicks, http://thefarmchicks.typepad.com/
The blog's owner is named Serena and her post today was about taking the long cut...opposite of short cut...home. She has the greatest photos of barns and farms from her drive home. Wow.
It got me thinking about the long way home. I have watched the moon become full this month and every time I stand out in the cool air, especially since the time change last weekend, it seems to me that time is slowing down. I let the air brush over me and feel the stress in my muscles drift away. It feels as if my spirit is expanding first within the confines of my body then reaching out to the sky itself.
There is so much going on in my life right now and yet there are these moments when I can take the long way. Maybe it is just leaning against the car for an extra moment before going in or standing in the night with the dogs for a few moments longer. Indy and Charlie, my little furry fellas, love standing nose in the air, sniffing for new. Fresh. Different. In no hurry to go anyway, just taking the long way.
Thanks, Serena, for sharing your long cut with me. It made a difference in my day!

No comments: