Thursday, July 21, 2016

Little red kite

*rescued blog post*
Fly.
When I was a kid, I had so many flying dreams. Not the kind with planes or helicopters. I would just start running and take off. I remember that there was often a tiny little mound, like the one that the Peanuts gang would pitch from. I would just start trotting. By the time I reached the edge of the little mount, I was airborne. Every time. Never fail.
Not like Superman or anything corny like that. It was just me, taking the air.
Today, I feel like this little kite, like the little kid. I feel like nothing can stop me.
It makes me think about the way we ask kids what they want to be when they grow up. We smile at their answers. We don't discourage them until they get older and can actually do something about becoming what they wanted.
What if we ask ourselves now what we want to be when we grow? Not grow up, just grow?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post and the picture!
It inspires me.