Friday, January 21, 2011

Snuggling on the beach...a short but unbelievable video




This was sent to me via email...thanks, Mary.
I had to post it because it is one of the most transcendent moments of connection that I can imagine. 
I think that I will keep this on my desktop and watch it whenever I am feeling out of alignment or lonely. Oh my.
The following is the text that came with video. I do not know who originally took the video. Watch with sound on.

This unique video is of a tourist who sat on the beach to watch the seals and penguins on Gold Harbor, South Georgia.

Unexpectedly, one of the seals is apparently attracted to her and, slowly works his way
over to her.  He seems to 'falls in love' and snuggles and flirts with her.  It is quite an unusual and interesting scene.

The seals are huge (up to 6,000 lbs), yet she never seemed afraid...more amused...while someone shot the video of this incident.
Gold Harbor, South Georgia, is located off the southern tip of South America (sub- arctic). 
It is a small bay five miles S-SW of Cape Charlotte, with Bertrab Glacierat its head, along the east end of Georgia.

The west end of the beach where a glacial stream flows is a breeding ground for various types of penguins and large seals....It is not a frequent destination for tourists.
Enjoy!

No comments: