Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kissed by a Cow!

Okay, I have been anxiously awaiting the time I could do this entry.
One of very best friends, Beth, has a birthday today! Happy Birthday, B! She is an awesome woman, friend and new mom coach. I wanted to give her something special for her bday.
For christmas, Dawn and Michelle got me the coolest gift for christmas. And I knew that it would be perfect for Beth.
There is a photographer in Rougemont, NC who has an amazing eye and truly an artist's way of looking at things. Check out her website at www.naturalalphabet.com or www.naturalalphabet.etsy.com.
She takes photos that look like letters. In nature or architecture. Very cool.
This is similar to what I got for Beth. Fantastic! Beth opened it today and went wild!The artist, Samantha said that she lives on a dairy farm and if I wanted to come out to visit and pick up the piece I could. I am city girl and I was not going to miss the opportunity to walk amongst the emus and goats and cows!
It was so cool. Beautiful day! Carolina blue sky. Lovely breeze. Very, very little stinky farm smell.
Here is Sam with some of her friends.
Not to be out done, I made a new friend. One of the cows took a shining to me. Big time. She kept kissing me. And for those of you who have never been kissed by a cow, they are sloppy kissers. And their tongues are HUGE! And really rough. I think that her tongue must have been 100 times rougher than my cat's. Well, I was getting used to the kisses when all of a sudden, she gives me two big swacks right on my head. Cow slobber delivered with affection. Awwww....
Here is my little 800 pound friend.
Her buddy (all of them are named but I have trouble enough remembering my name so let's be real...) told me exactly how she felt about my presence.
She had no interest in getting some ellie love so she kept her distance.
As did the new babies.
It was amazing to me that this was only 25 minutes from my home. Only about 10 minutes and 2 turns outside of my normal circle of travel.
I wonder what else I can find...
Life is so cool.
Oh...the punch line...yes, there is one.
When I pulled into the driveway of the beautiful white farmhouse, Sam came out and as it happened, this is a woman that I knew a decade ago! Amazing, uh?

No comments: