Saturday, May 30, 2009

Makes me Happy

It's time for a change. I have let myself get way way overweight.
I am tired. I don't get to do lots of fun stuff that I know I would do if my body was fit. I want to swim with the dolphins for my 50th (ah!) birthday in a few years.
I want to skydive. Hike without going into some death match for oxygen. Hell, walk up several flights of stairs without that fight. Have fun clothes. Have a ton of money to spend at J Jill and look crazy good in the clothes.
Losing weight is not about changing your food and your exercise level. It is about changing your mind about who you are.
Right now, I am a fat person.
Some say that weight keeps us safe...keeps us safe from having to get too close to others. That is certainly not the case for me. Relationships have never been a problem for me. Well, not since kindergarten anyway.
For me, it is a way to slow me down. I am afraid that I will be an out of control hurricane. There will be no stopping me and I am afraid that will annihilate those around me.
Well I am tired. Not just of being tired but of not having the energy to live the life that I want. It's my time. And I am ready to roll.
ps- the photo is one I did with a great new iTunes app called TextDraw. I think that it is what it is called. So much fun.

No comments: