Wednesday, January 14, 2009

007...I mean 00Sister

On Monday, I got to do something that I don't get to do often enough...hang out with my younger sister. Sandy is an incredibly talented hair stylist and I always know that I am WAY past due for a haircut when she starts asking me about it. That has been happening for a couple of months now. So she was going to cut my hair and then we were just going to watch a movie and do some knitting.
I got the haircut (thanks, San)- it is short and sassy and fun! Then ran a few errands.
Then finally we got to the relaxing part. The movie is in, the fire is going, I have my knitting and wait...something is missing here. Oh yeah...this is my sister relaxing! I was sitting here and she had gotten up yet again for some reason. The woman is the real Martha Stewart in that she does her own work without the servants and does a beautiful job of it. She always looks great and has an amazing sense of style. Her house is comfortable and always annoyingly clean. I am inspired and intimidated by it at the same time. While I sat there, I came to understand the level of commitment doing what she does takes. I don't have it. Oh well. That's that. I guess I will keep knitting.
After awhile she reappeared and actually sat and watched the rest of the movie "The Women". I liked the movie and want to point out that it is truly a Chick Flick. There is not a single male in it. Not even in the background! Amazing.
I liked the movie but not as much as I enjoyed getting to sit and chat with my sister.
The 007 reference?
Well, other than the fact she is like a breeze, here one moment and gone the next, secretly working on her missions, all I could think of was her as a secret agent. She was 'modeling' the new coat she got for Christmas. She swirled around and looked like an upscale agent in her very fashionable trenchcoat! She's too funny. And she likes to strike a pose! Work it, girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That first pic, with the empty chair, is outstanding. In a word, it says, 'Home'. Great eye!