Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sign of the times?

OMG.
Are you kidding me?
My bestfriends and I went to our communal niece's swim meet in another town on Friday. On the way into town, we saw this sign.
Free Casket.
Really? A free casket?
I don't mean to be insensitive but in all fairness, I don't think I am the trendsetter here.
And I am trying to imagine the conversation that takes place around this.
"Well, our dearest Aunt Matilda has left us. It has changed our lives forever but...good news, we just saved a bunch of money on the casket."
Has the market really gotten this tough? Are so few people dying lately that there is a price war? Is a casket an optional accessory in the whole burial thing...should we go with the mahogany or a Hefty Ultra Flex? Or perhaps some entrepreneurs are just so 'creative' that they will do whatever it takes to be number 1!
Just for the record, when my time comes, save the cash if this special has, ah, expired. Toast me and plant me in the garden. Use the cash to have a party and let what's left of me help the daisy population. If you want to send flowers, do it while I can still appreciate them.

No comments: